From Monday this week, we’ve been in our new house for 3 weeks now! Moving in has gone so fast, but it’s taken us a while to get all unpacked and finish emptying boxes. Now that my room feels more complete, I thought I would share how I styled it. Our house is a self-build that my mum and dad did, so my room was a completely blank canvas, giving me freedom to do what I liked with it. You can see the before and afters below!
This is what my room started off like, without a carpet in and simple white walls. My bed was the last of the family’s to arrive so it took me a while to envision the space. Thankfully, once the bed and carpet were in, I was able to add my little homey touches that truly made the bedroom feel like mine. (I’ve also given you a wee sneak peak of the wardrobe too!)
If you couldn’t already tell I was a fashion grad, my room definitely gives it away. I decorated with Oliver Gal canvases which I put above my bed, added a mini fashion library and classic coffee table books from the Catwalk collections (Dior, Chanel and YSL), and fashion artwork and Vogue postcards all over the place. If you are wanting to shop any of this, I’ll leave links down below of what I bought and where you can get it from.
I went with a gold and pink theme for my room. I wanted a more classic look that was more grown up and sophisticated than my previous room. I think millennial pink was the perfect choice for my 20s, as I could keep my room more neutral but with a younger vibe than I would’ve got with say beige. The bed was the first thing I chose for my room so I guess it just set the tone of how I wanted the rest of my room to look.
I am so happy with the final result of my room. It came out amazing and it makes me feel so much more relaxed. I love that I designed it to be able to do what I wanted. The velvet bed makes it super comfy to sit and read, my desk/dressing table chair is even more comfy (never want to get up when I sit in it!), and I can use my spare wall to binge my favourite tv show or film on my projector.
If you were making a new bedroom for yourself, what theme would you go for? Let me know in the comments!
List of products (click on the brand name to go to the page)-
- Bedside Table- My Furniture
- Dressing Table- My Furniture
- Bedside Lamp- Nordlux (bought off BrandAlley)
- Paris Canvas- Oliver Gal
- Vogue Woman Canvas- Oliver Gal (shop similar)
- West Side Canvas- Oliver Gal
- Pink Velvet Bed- Dreams
- Vogue Postcards (100 pack)- Amazon
- New Yorker Framed Prints- All picked up at a market in New York
- Dior Framed Print- Got at V&A Museum shop
- NEW ROOM TOUR!From Monday this week, we’ve been in our new house for 3 weeks now! Moving in has gone so fast, but it’s taken us a while to get all unpacked and finish emptying boxes. Now that my room feels more complete, I thought I would share how I styled it. Our house is a self-build…
- 2021 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONSI know I’m not the only one who is happy for 2020 to come to an end after everything this year has thrown at us. I for one can’t wait to see in 2021 and am hopeful it’ll be a good year. I’ve decided to come up with some resolutions for 2021, something I’ve much…